Pages

Saturday, February 02, 2013

Business tip #1 People do not like to be sold

Today, I was invited to an event that will not be named.

It was yet another interesting presentation that obviously always sounds "too good to be true". 

Like most events, you will meet a lot of people and will have the chance to network with people once the organizers have presented their "hidden agenda".

Met a few really nice people that I really "connect" with straight away- Down to earth businessmen who share the similar interest to provide a service to help people.

Along came this "Business Consultant/Coach" who decided to "join" our conversation. He was full of himself and how great he was both as a person and a business coach. Hard selling all the services he offers and how he was sure all of us really needs his services. Oblivious to him, Conversation was a one way traffic and no one was interested.

Question to self: "How do you know that you can help someone when you do not even know the person or their needs?"

I strongly believe that no matter how big or small your business is, how successful you are or a start up, Everyone needs a coach. However like everyone else, I like to work with someone who cares and is more interested in what I need. I do not like to be sold.

Everyone believes that they have the best product in the world but do they know if the person they are "selling" it to needs it or is it just about them? Everyone loves to make a sale. No matter how versatile your product is, are you speaking to the person who needs it now?

Recommendation: Build a rapport with people and find out how you can help them. You can only help people or provide a service when you know what they need.

That was something I brought home today to reinforce to myself. I have committed myself to this principle and I hope that it helps you too. 

Till then.

Best Regards.



No comments: