Pages

Wednesday, February 06, 2013

You are exactly what you focus on

This is a line that I love to share with everyone. My family, friends, clients and people around me. It may seem like a very insulting sentence to some and yet it can be a very motivating line to others.

Many already know that our brains works wonders. What we forget as humans is to apply this knowledge to our lives. I am also guilty of the above statement as it is a never ending journey of learning new things and reinforcing what we learned to our own lives.

You are exactly what you focus on.

When we are focused, worried, thinking or concerned about something, our brains works with the exact focus changing our perception of things. Have you ever wondered why you have such a bad day/period of time where everything around is bad and negative?

You are not alone. I have gone through a period of time in my life that I was always worrying about #finances. I was earning enough and in fact more than the average income earners. However I was never Happy or satisfied because all I could think of was the next bill to pay, the next expenses coming up and what "surprises" I was going to get. No matter how much I could afford to buy or spend, I was never happy. All I could look at was my worries.

The good thing about the brain is, we can change a situation as easily as we "create" it. Instead of looking at things as an issue, a worry, brood over it or even get depressed about it, why not use the brain powers wisely. We can chose to make our brains work for us as a solution center. How wonderful is that? Ask yourself the right questions like How?, Why?, When? instead of beating yourself up with "what does not work, what happened".

All it took for me to get out of that "depressing" mode was just to ask the right questions and open my mind to think about things in the positive way. I asked myself how I can move on from where I was. Why was I not where I wanted to be? When do I want to get to where I want to be? I could almost see all my alternatives and that my worries were actually uncalled for. I forgot to look at the great things in my life and was only focusing on the non significant things.

We all deserve to be happy and loved. We can make the choice now to look at another side of the picture just by a simple switch of thoughts process. Why put our very own valuable resource to waste?

When you start looking at everything in a positive light or in a solution based mode, you will soon discover that you have so much in life to appreciate and be thankful for. You will start to see that the solution is actually right in front of you or you already know what to do about it. It is that simple.

Start your positive thinking mode right now and try the differences for yourself.

Till then....

Love Life.


No comments: